Market Development Manager – Washington
Position Summary Description
The Northwest Cement Council (NCC) is committed to developing resilient, sustainable and economical construction solutions in the states of Washington and Oregon. This position is a business opportunity to develop construction solutions providing optimal social, environmental, and economic benefit through the use of cement and concrete-based construction materials. We serve these states as a non-profit association that provides expert technical leadership, research, and educational opportunities designed to responsibly transform our built environment and improve the lives of the people throughout the region.
NCC is seeking a highly motivated construction, public policy and/or engineering professional to develop markets for its Concrete Solutions Program in Washington. The objective of this program is to establish NCC as a trusted resource that provides technical, educational, and professional assistance resulting in increased market share for concrete streets and local roads. The position will have an additional goal of educational and material design assistance for owners and designers in the low and mid-rise buildings market for both public infrastructure and private development. Other solutions to be promoted will include cement used in sub-grade applications.
The candidate must have the ability to develop long-lasting business relationships and possess a strong work ethic. Emphasis on presentations to a wide range of industry professionals encouraging the use of cement and concrete in projects, as well as the ability to discuss the sustainable, resilient and environmental benefits of cement and concrete vs. other building materials, is essential to the success of this position. Extensive regional travel in Washington and will be required to establish and sustain essential contact with public officials, owners, engineers, architects, contractors, ready mixed concrete suppliers, and cement member companies. Regional and national travel to trade association meetings and will be required on occasion.
- Implement a focused promotion plan on concrete streets and local roads in Washington.
- Develop relationships with design, construction and maintenance engineers at cities, counties and DOT districts to establish NCC’s Pavement Solutions as approved strategies.
- Implement an education program for architects and owners regarding concrete’s benefits including life cycle costs analysis and life cycle assessment models.
- Presentations to groups of decision makers advocating the overall benefits of concrete, as well as the capability to discuss specific design strategies.
- Develop relationships with owners and consulting engineers involved with private development in conjunction with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association and the Portland Cement Association programs.
- Participating in the development and update of design standards.
- Planning, developing and conducting conferences, workshops, seminars, and other programs as necessary and/or as directed by the Executive Director.
- Responding to inquiries for technical information and assistance.
- Interacting with engineering firms, design-build consultants and contractors that can expand the impact of promotion efforts.
- Consulting with Regional Promotion Groups (RPG) regarding latest tools available for promoting the suite of pavement solutions.
- Attending NCC board meetings, related industry, and other committee meetings, approved by the Executive Director.
- NCC Market Development Manager will be required to meet target cement volume creation objectives on an annual basis.
- Knowledge of pavement design, soils, construction and maintenance, or the ability to learn these items or advanced knowledge of concrete construction.
- Excellent ability to communicate with engineers, developers, owners, contractors, and city, county and state representatives.
- Confident oral/written communication skills and public speaking.
- Ability to develop and manage a professional contact base.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily: Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Must be highly energized, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to provide suitable office space in the home as this position is designated as work from home.
- Must be willing to travel extensively within designated areas of Washington.
- Position has no direct supervisory requirements.
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Education: Bachelors Degree Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering or related engineering construction technology preferred.
- Candidates with a strong background in concrete construction or transportation policy and a proven track record of influencing technical decision makers will also be considered.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in engineering or construction with technical sales and marketing background. Ability to comprehend project drawings and specifications.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare- Medical, Dental and Vision care options for you and your family
- Generous paid vacations and holidays
- Company 401K plan, with match plus non-elective end of year contribution